Carl Dieker
Well-known member
Hey,
I am trying to make up my mind if I should buy the new MPB or stick with my wife’s MacBook Pro from 2006 until new MacPros arrive (hopefully) in January. But I need some help.
Have you bought the new 15” MacBook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, GeForce 9600M GT with 512MB and use it with an esata RAID 0 (in my case, 2 SATA drives, 7200rpm)?
If you have such a setup, could you please perform this small reality test for me?
Take 100 frames of material shot in 4K, 2:1, REDCODE36, format 1920x1080, framerate 25p, scale to width and export it as HD 1080, Quicktime, Apple ProRes, filter quadric, process standard and quality normal.
My own results with some other MacBook Pros:
A)
56 seconds on a late 2008 MacBook Pro 15”, 2.4GHz, 2GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, nVIDA GeForce 9600M GT with 256MB
B)
56 seconds on an early 2008 MacBook Pro 17”, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, nVidia GeForce 8600M with 512MB
C)
74 seconds on an early 2006 MacBook Pro 15”, 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, ATI RadeonX1600 with 256MB
/Calle
I am trying to make up my mind if I should buy the new MPB or stick with my wife’s MacBook Pro from 2006 until new MacPros arrive (hopefully) in January. But I need some help.
Have you bought the new 15” MacBook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, GeForce 9600M GT with 512MB and use it with an esata RAID 0 (in my case, 2 SATA drives, 7200rpm)?
If you have such a setup, could you please perform this small reality test for me?
Take 100 frames of material shot in 4K, 2:1, REDCODE36, format 1920x1080, framerate 25p, scale to width and export it as HD 1080, Quicktime, Apple ProRes, filter quadric, process standard and quality normal.
My own results with some other MacBook Pros:
A)
56 seconds on a late 2008 MacBook Pro 15”, 2.4GHz, 2GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, nVIDA GeForce 9600M GT with 256MB
B)
56 seconds on an early 2008 MacBook Pro 17”, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, nVidia GeForce 8600M with 512MB
C)
74 seconds on an early 2006 MacBook Pro 15”, 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, ATI RadeonX1600 with 256MB
/Calle