Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Side Backfocus lock.

Nino Tamburri

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
Website
www.ninotamburri.com.au
Is it necessary to also use the "back focus lock" located under the side handle on Epic-W?
It seems like you should lock it down when the front backfocus has been set but the Red focus operation guide says "The back focus adjustment mechanism is self-locking, and does not require a supplementary locking screw."
 
Bump :)

Hi guys. Just received my Scarlet-W (Yayyy :) )
and wondering the same thing. Are we supposed to lock this? As the screw is in the "store position" out of factory. Clarification much appreciated. Is back focus tuning something you guys did when receiving your cameras? or just for troubleshooting focus problems ? thanks.

And good to be part of the movement :) that sweet thing feels so nice to hold :)

cheers frank
 
I think of it this way. The cameras temp's are pretty extreme so with all that heating up and cooling off over days and days of production I would think there could be a bit of expansion and contraction on components and over time things could drift. I think the screw under the side kick is the locking screw and the front one is for adjustment even though it probably would hold it just fine. An insurance policy if you will.
And you should always make sure you loosen the screw under the side kick before making any adjustments to your back focus with the small adjustment screw under the front screw cap. DSMC2.
I just made the first back focus adjustment to my camera in over a year so thats pretty good. Not like it goes out of back focus very often. And I check it at the beginning of every larger production. And during production just to be sure were all good on camera end of things.
I don't think they would have put that locking screw there just for kicks...
 
Thanks Russ,

That puts it more into a perspective. I guess that's the way to go...

Cheers, frank
 
Back
Top