Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Should I punch a camera guy?

Kidneys work too! It's about choice.

Wow. A chalkboard smilie. Usually I get the smilie throwing up or a troll smilie if it's from a girl.



Ahhhh, who am I fooling except myself? It doesn't count if I have to beg for it.:nonod:
 
Last edited:
I made a short film with a tutorial for situations like that.

:biggrin5: Frank

http://vimeo.com/10133336
Hehehe.... funny stuff Frank! :D

This topic is crazy... I shoot with Canon L primes most of the time for my own work and have to say, almost no one can ever tell they aren't cinema glass.

Anyone arguing for a 2K shoot because of lens selection needs their head examined.... and I've seen it happen for real too many times here! There are SO MANY advantages of 4K+ over 2K that glass selection doesn't even begin to matter....

Definitely hire a better DP Keith! :D

Cheers from Tokyo,

Paul :)
 
Although your DP sounds like an ass and should be fired - I say - let him do his job. Tell him to shoot a test and prove you wrong.

Ultimately you need to trust and respect your DP. Doesn't sound like there is much of that going on here.
 
My biggest fear isn't that the images from the Digiprimes will be inferior - although they will be. Or that 2k won't look as good - it won't. My major concern is that your DP thinks the Red is a video camera. I would suggest you find someone who knows and understands the Red and won't spend your shoot be trying to force it to be a Varicam.
 
wow I cant believe this is an argument has this guy ever shot with cinema cameras...with the cost of having to convert the digi primes to fit on the RED with a new mount on the camera and everything you could rent cinema glass.. The RED is about 4k not 2k get his ass outa there
 
The Digiprimes are quite nice... on the 2/3" 3-chip cameras they were designed for. What you need to do is walk into a rental house with him, and watch the faces of the staff there when he says he wants to rent some Digiprimes for a RED shoot.
I expect the response would be similar to pulling up at a gas station and insisting you want them to put diesel fuel in your gasoline car because the performance is better.
 
My conclusion is there's something fishy about this story. Aha!
Why would you even consider a DP who doesn't know that Digiprimes are for 2/3" B4 mount 3 CCD cameras. Are you hiring 18 year olds? Or was he trying to sneak in his F950 into a package deal?
 
This is your 2nd saying this right? The first is steering you right? Sounds like an issue with a second.
 
Back
Top