Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Screen Freeze While not filming - Epic Weapon / 7 inch monitor

Joshua VP

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 5, 2015
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
PDX || MSP
Hey guys, wondering if any of you guys have experienced this or if this is something I should be concerned about? - I've been noticing my 7 inch monitor is freezing for a few frames, only noticed this while not recording(haven't seen an issue while recording) - It's only for a sec or so and it seems to happen periodically after I magnify/zoom to focus and then toggle back - I notice after a few secs, it hangs there for a half sec(I've seen it do this countless times before). The timecode during the freeze, seems to continue to count up - I've tried to monitor that - which makes me think it's a buffer issue or something of the sorts.. Camera has been fully warmed up and black shaded in a studio environment. I haven't seen any issues in the SDI / Video Village monitor // Only seeing this on my 7 inch touch monitor. Could it be the lemo cable or adapter going bad(original)? Maybe it's just nothing. Any help would be appreciated, or if you've seen this issue as well and if I should be concerned with the camera. I've seen this issue in multiple timecodes as well(23.976 fps @ 7k and 80 fps @ 6k).

Other specs that might help:
Epic Weapon 120 hrs
7 inch touch screen - for original DSCM 1 Brain
DSCM 2 Lemo Adapter A - plugged into side port on Weapon

Thanks!
Joshua VP
 
I have noticed this too and I believe it’s been explained by red as the auto black shading kicking in every now and then.
I notice this even on my SDI monitor. But never when recording.
Might be worth A camera log.
 
Hey Tom, those links seem to be down - for some reason. Can you resend/repost them?
 
@Russ Fill - That makes sense to me.. I'll try to dig into the camera log or do some more tests shortly..
 
I see! Thanks for the link Russ. I've been seeing the freezing daily now. Guessing you guys are seeing the same and I'm not just crazy..
 
Back
Top