Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Scarlet W update

Mark Child

New member
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Brisbane
Hey party peeps,

I just did the firmware update 7.3.0. for my scarlet w. I was under the impression it was going to bump it up to 6k. Is that right? or am I just royally broken in the head.

talk soon.
 
Only Dragon X (which was 5k) gets upgraded to 6k via firmware. Unfortunately, it costs $5k for Scarlet-W to upgrade to Dragon X 6K (but along with the sensor size/resolution bump, you'll get full IPP2 and all the frame rates)...

...that said, Komodo is also 6k resolution and looking to be ~$6k price brand new with everything built-in (plus has a slew of really useful features; lower power usage, cheaper memory, built-in screen, phase detect autofocus, better lens mount options, tiny and light weight, etc.)
 
...that said, Komodo is also 6k resolution and looking to be ~$6k price brand new with everything built-in (plus has a slew of really useful features; lower power usage, cheaper memory, built-in screen, phase detect autofocus, better lens mount options, tiny and light weight, etc.)

One noticeable improvement of Dragon-X over Komodo is high speed frame rates. Otherwise yes.
 
One noticeable improvement of Dragon-X over Komodo is high speed frame rates. Otherwise yes.

I hear that... sight unseen, I'd still opt for Komodo for only $1k more though.

Even if you gotta window down to 4k for even 60p on Komodo, you could speedboost it to FF35 FOV! Plus the OP would get to keep their Scarlet-W (which does 4.5k/120, I think). Don't get me wrong, Dragon X 6k @ ~80+fps is cool, but not mind-blowing compared to 4.5k/120 or 5kWS/60.
 
Back
Top