Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Scarlet / Red Newbie

Rikki Rockett

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 14, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Website
www.facebook.com
I just got a Scarlet W last week. I picker her up at the Hollywood store and buying experience was a very good one. Those guys are super awesome and extremely helpful.

I'm very pumped about it and have been experimenting with various lenses. So far I am liking the Sigma Art lenses. I am also a Leica shooter, but the SL has no mount options for the Red, so I can't share those lenses. (Too bad I sold my M).

Anyway, look forward to getting deeper into the world of Red.

Cheers!
 
Looks good Rikki, nicely exposed and processed.

The Scarlet-W's are awesome, congrats.
 
It's a different headspace working with the Red Camera. I know a camera won't make you a better film maker, however, it opens doors that weren't there before.

I'm still determining the best workflow for me. I have all three major NLE's. I have bounced back and forth between Davinci, Premiere and FCPX for the last several weeks. I am about to commit to FCPX. I have had it in my head that I am not using "real editing software" and that's just ridiculous. It works well so far. Only thing is, I am so damn used to Premiere. I have only cut smaller things on Davinci.
 
Back
Top