Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Scarlet or RED ONE?

Scarlet or RED ONE?

  • Scarlet - Performance

    Votes: 4 6.6%
  • RED ONE - Performance

    Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Scarlet - Cost

    Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Scarlet - Physical Packaging

    Votes: 9 14.8%

  • Total voters
    61
I'm with Shawn. I think Scarlet will be priced between $8K and $10K. I'm really starting to think it will be 4K. RED is committed to 4K workflow, delivery, etc.. I see no reason for them to take a step back and deliver 1080p or 2K cameras.

Edit> Actually, I'm going to predict that $7500 will be the base price for Scarlet.
 
I'm with Shawn. I think Scarlet will be priced between $8K and $10K. I'm really starting to think it will be 4K. RED is committed to 4K workflow, delivery, etc.. I see no reason for them to take a step back and deliver 1080p or 2K cameras.

Edit> Actually, I'm going to predict that $7500 will be the base price for Scarlet.

I've been saying 4k all along...I just can't see red going backwards or going to the expense of another sensor.

as for the v10, a very cool camera but certainly an expensive specialty item not for normal production.
Aloha
-A
 
Once that trademark thing was found i wondered if it would get the thread closed, or at least some kind of announcement/spin.

when it was left alone, I began to wonder if the name was just registered a long time ago, and now development, progress, and experience have allowed RED to exceed even their own expectations. After all, when the RED ONE was announced, we never thought we'd get 4k on CF card.

(Or maybe they knew we would be sneaky, and put out a bit of disinformation. Like releasing a screenplay with two endings, or one of those online games where you have to find secret websites, with clues leading you to more clues. Just for fun.)

I'm really starting to think that it could be 4k. Jim said in another post that there will be a bunch of 4k solutions at NAB; and someone else from RED said that dealing with 4k was about to get a lot easier. (I'm paraphrasing all of this.)

It does seem like 2k would be a step backwards, both in image quality and in company branding. Red is 4k. End of story, right? We can hope so.

(Although, to be fair, I would HAPPILY take a 2K camera to shoot 90% of my projects, and rent a RED ONE for the rest.)
 
I wana see how well the scarlet can be used as a braodcast multicam camera. who know with those specs and that price point, you may never need to even think about buying a SD broadcast camera again.

A tv studio with little tiny scarlets and big teleprompters. The quality might be on par with big boys.

I think we have reached the point were our cameras are just too much better than our monitors.
 
You guys are dreaming. A 4k camera in your pocket?? Have you had a look at a RED One lately? There is a huge battery on the back that lasts for less than 2 hours. Just the battery alone is hardly pocketable. The reason for that is that all the electronics inside the RED One consume a lot of power to process all those 9 million pixels x 24 frames per second.

Just look at the battery.
 
Back
Top