Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Scarlet Lens Question + Free Pig

Sterling Wescott

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
286
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello all. This is my first post, although I have been visiting the forums from time to time. I know everything is subject to change, but as it stands now (Oct. 30th), I would like to ask a simple question concerning the lens of the 2/3 Interchangeable lens scarlet. I am coming over from a sony HVR-Z7U hopefully to Two Red scarlets. As a relative novice (2 years) to the world of filmmaking, there are many concepts that I have yet to grasp. One of these are the limitations of electronic lenses. I am definitely buying one FF35 And considering a second. However, I would much rather buy a FF35 and a 2/3" and save -/+ $8000. (I am working on my first "real" short film, thus a small budget.) I know the FF35 has AF (auto focus) with an electronic lens, but does the 2/3 interchangeable have a electronic lens capability?

As promised
:piggy:Pig..... just cause
 
The short answer to your question is yes.
The Scarlet and Epic Brains will both be able to support Canon/ Nikon/ Red electronic lenses, so it is more a question of making sure you have an electronic lens with an AF feature. At least that is my understanding and conclusion based on the posts and lenses featured in the renders/ photos from today's announcement.
 
Thats what I assumed when i saw the Electronic RED mount on the module list. Thanks for confirming.
 
Back
Top