Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

reservation scenario..

lomotion1

New member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.lo-motion.com
If you place a reservation for the 1000 bucks, is it retractable at anytime? Not that I would ever want to attract it but say you think you may get funding for smoething, you place your reservation so your guaranteed a camera, and then the funding falls through...can you retract and get your reservation back?
 
That is what "Fully refundable at any time" means and is the deposit clause that has been stated by RED 'personnel' repeatedly. So the answer would / should be Yes.
 
Fully refundable at any time for any reason.

Graeme
 
but youll be kickin yourself in the ass when the first reservation holders getting their guarenteed 17.5 camera and then the price leaps to 50 grand

heh heh im not worried about that.. but im sure the few people that have bailed early on or just didn't make the reservation for whatever reason are kicking themselves now... and all those sub #100 guys from NAB time are pretty impressed with themselves :)
 
I know. I kick myself at least once every day for not faxing in my reservation form. I still have it sitting in a file slot on my desk, all filled out... Dated months ago. I kept hesitating... Don't know why I didn't send it in. Man, I'm stupid sometimes. I could've been #200 or so, but nooooooo.... Now I'm going to be #1300 or so. Oh well.
 
How many units are expected to be produced and it what amount of time once it goes into production? I.E. if I am #1500, will I be waiting until next year until I get my camera?
 
heh heh im not worried about that.. but im sure the few people that have bailed early on or just didn't make the reservation for whatever reason are kicking themselves now... and all those sub #100 guys from NAB time are pretty impressed with themselves :)
I am the #111 (and the #647 etc) since last 25th April (2nd NAB day) -- what's the big deal? Am I missing something? :confused:
 
I am in the same seat. Was paying on gear that I had already bought. And finding the extra 1000 was very hard. I have kicked my self for letting it go by. But this time most the gear is paid for and I have the opertunity thank you Jim.. I wont let this pass. Never again..
 
"Due to popular demand, we have decided to open up reservations for 3 days. Kind of a "last chance" opportunity. Jan. 21- Jan. 24th. The next time orders will be taken will be at NAB. Mark your calendars."

Jim

Would this be from 00.00hs on Sunday the 21st Jan until 23.59hs Wednesday the 24th Jan inclusive? That's 4 days!
And will this be West cost US times?

Thanks
Taff
 
The best way to predict our Future is to invest on right tools to create it.

As always, " No RISH No Gain ", and Time waits for NO MAN "

Stewart
Founder
REDHKSC.ORG
HongKong - CHINA
 
but youll be kickin yourself in the ass when the first reservation holders getting their guarenteed 17.5 camera and then the price leaps to 50 grand

It would be the first time I can ever remember where a piece of electronic gear went up in price after its launch. I think the much more plausible scenerio is that you will be able to pick one up cheaper after a few months when people are selling theirs because they realize they can't afford it, or whatever reason. Electronics don't appreciate in price, as we've seen with computers over the last twenty years. They get better, faster, and cheaper as time goes on, not the other way around. So I think the people that missed out of the reservations won't have anything to worry about.

I think a good idea for the Red team is to figure out how to offer financing for the purchase. With accessories, this is the equivalent to a nice car or SUV, so financing should be a consideration. Not sure how it works on a piece of gear, though. Wouldn't hurt to consider that option, Red Team.

Anyway, if prices do go up, say, 6 months after they start rolling off the assembly line, it would blow my mind. I'm guessing you'll see them go for $12 - $14K a year from now on the used market.
 
Back
Top