Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Rental Pricing

Interesting theories abound... Personally, as someone who runs a small rental outfit on the side, in addition to my normal production duties, I find rentals are a convenient way to help me afford new gear. But it doesn't make me a living, for that I rely on my editing and shooting jobs. Also, rentals are a lot of hard work, I have an assistant who helps out, but not so long ago I was trying to do it all myself, and providing top-notch support and bending over backwards for clients (something I pride myself on) is hard when you are a small operation.

It is possible to offer affordable rentals and provide great service and support like the big guys. I like to think I've been doing so for awhile. But nobody's going to get rich off it, it basically just helps me feed my habit of buying expensive toys :)
 
Trust me I wish I did make it up and I only see it getting worse. Many are buying this camera to "break into the industry" an alternative to film school mentality. Many of the owners will want the experience and not care about the $. It will get rough for a while. I'm just hoping that if times get really rough for me that THE JONATHAN LB will be willing to hire me.

Laugh Out F***ing LOUD.
I think you've burned that bridge buddy.

IBloom
 
owners that rent out at 250-1200 day will find their own markets .. i don't think the person that rents a Red for 250 a day is in the same market that does hi end commercials - the hi end is going to a known rental house they have gone to in past ...
the Reds going out for low prices will be no to low budgets - we ( producers) all try to get the best camera for our projects =so you offer 250 a day for a Red and you end up with whatever camera your 250 will get you ...

from my experience over the past month i do have to say it takes allot of work getting the camera ready to go out on a project and then checking it out on return !!!! where i sit $250 a day wouldn't be worth that time ...
 
Back
Top