Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

REDVOLT V Charging Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Jan 31, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I purchased 3 new REDVOLT_V in June and for two of them it was not possible to charge with the REDCHARGER. The 3rd one was OK. I asked my REDdealer in Berlin whta to do and he asked RED and they said to discharge the batteries fully. You know, that there is one green led but it is not possible to power up the camera. With my Weapon 6K I put the REDVOLT_V over night on the camera and then no LED was lighting and I could Charge the battery with
the REDcharger. BUt with my EPIC W and the Weapon 8K now this is not possible. When i Put them int the charger the red light is twinkling and no charging is happening.
I heard from some colleagues that they have also Problems, so it is not possible to Charge the batteries with other chargers. Who also has this Problems and waht to do?
 
That is really weird, I had the same problem with a bebob charger, but the official charger should work flawlessly. Jarred had posted a test a few months back on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154661849865415

- So far the list of chargers not/intermittently working:

Swit dual charger
Globalmediapro SCA2S
Bebob vs2
Dynacore D-2S
(RED charger ?)


- as for the ones that should work ( according to various user feedback):

IDX VL-2X
Anton Bauer performance dual charger
Dracast D2S
PAGlink PL16
PAGlink micro link travel charger ( just tried right now and works fine)
Core SWX GP-X2S
Swit M3010
Blue Shape CVT
 
I purchased 3 new REDVOLT_V in June and for two of them it was not possible to charge with the REDCHARGER. The 3rd one was OK. I asked my REDdealer in Berlin whta to do and he asked RED and they said to discharge the batteries fully. You know, that there is one green led but it is not possible to power up the camera. With my Weapon 6K I put the REDVOLT_V over night on the camera and then no LED was lighting and I could Charge the battery with
the REDcharger. BUt with my EPIC W and the Weapon 8K now this is not possible. When i Put them int the charger the red light is twinkling and no charging is happening.
I heard from some colleagues that they have also Problems, so it is not possible to Charge the batteries with other chargers. Who also has this Problems and waht to do?

I have had some issues with my REDVOLT-V batteries. I don't think it really matters what charger you are using and draining the battery is the solution - but in my experience you need to drain the battery, by letting the camera go into auto-shutdown with the batteries that are not working. After that you can charge it. So, if you now have battery that's totally drained and won't even power up your camera for a few seconds to enter auto-shutdown - you need to find another way to get some juice into the battery. In my case I used a v-lock adapter plate from another camera setup. One of those that can output 5v, 12v, HDMI loop and such. My plate has a 12v changing port, and was enough to get a bit of power into the battery, so I could start the camera and let it auto-shutdown. After that it charges fine again.
 
Redvolt-V

Redvolt-V

Jonathan, I did what You said, but even so it is impossible to Charge the REDVOLT-V. I sent them to my dealer in Berlin and they are not able to charge it. An the other issue with different charger, which do not work with the REDVOLTS_V, seem to me strange.
 
Jonathan, I did what You said, but even so it is impossible to Charge the REDVOLT-V. I sent them to my dealer in Berlin and they are not able to charge it. An the other issue with different charger, which do not work with the REDVOLTS_V, seem to me strange.

Well, I am sure RED will take Care of you and replace the battery. I don't think It's charger issue, but some kind of battery firmware issue. When I use these batteries now and make sure the run until auto-shutdown and so far that has cured my issues with not being able to charge
 
I have a single one as i wanted to try it out.

Again i have seen intermittent charging problems but what concerns me the most is from a fresh charge the camera will shut down with about 10-12% left remaining. On a battery so small that seems too high to me.

Am i alone? When your cameras shut down what % is showing for the battery?

cheers
Paul
 
I have these ordered but I`m really hoping these dont end up like the mini redvolts which became notorious for many reasons.
 
all 3 of mine worked last week, today took them out and 2 out of 3 wont charge no matter what I do.. using red vmount charger that I use with my bricks
 
I purchased 3 new REDVOLT_V in June and for two of them it was not possible to charge with the REDCHARGER. The 3rd one was OK. I asked my REDdealer in Berlin whta to do and he asked RED and they said to discharge the batteries fully. You know, that there is one green led but it is not possible to power up the camera. With my Weapon 6K I put the REDVOLT_V over night on the camera and then no LED was lighting and I could Charge the battery with
the REDcharger. BUt with my EPIC W and the Weapon 8K now this is not possible. When i Put them int the charger the red light is twinkling and no charging is happening.
I heard from some colleagues that they have also Problems, so it is not possible to Charge the batteries with other chargers. Who also has this Problems and waht to do?

Hi Andreas, can you please describe how was your camera configured when the issue started to occur? Were you by any chance using a 3rd party battery module?
 
Thanks for checking in, Felipe.

All, as you can see, we are tracking this thread and we will reach out to folks as needed for more info, including log files.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top