Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RedMote not charging from camera

David Wakeley

Active member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney Au
Hi all,
Has anyone had any experience with their RedMote not charging when attached to the camera. Mine will charge fine from a USB outlet, but will not charge from my Epic Dragon #228.
Thanks in advance - David Wakeley - Sydney.
 
Just for clarification, I believe the REDmote won't charge unless the camera is on.
 
I should have added that the RedMote connects fine on the camera, which is on of course. Just doesn't charge? Good idea Tim, thanks I'll see how I go.
David.
 
I assume you have checked the contacts?
 
My take on it is that if it fires up when connected to the camera, it should charge? Any ideas? David Wakeley.
 
My take on it is that if it fires up when connected to the camera, it should charge? Any ideas? David Wakeley.

I would agree with that reasoning. And, I do know that it seems to take a very long time to charge. That's why I rarely rely on charging on the camera; who want to let the camera run all day just to charge the REDmote?
 
I just encountered the same thing.. I have the camera on, plugged into AC, REDMote on the back and the battery keeps draining. Currently at 1/2 battery on REDMote after just over an hour. What gives?
 
Obvious question... are you on the latest Redmote firmware?
 
Last edited:
Yep. While I was blackshading it would occasionally blink like it was charging, and then nothing... I had my camera on for a few hours and when I got done battery on the Redmote was just over 25%. When I plug USB into it, the remote charges fine. Not sure what is going on here...
 
Had not used my Redmote for quite some time. Now I remember why I set it aside. Had the charging problem just like you. I just now put it on my camera after upgrading my camera firmware to the latest version and the green icon on the Redmote flashes but isn't the same flash it used to portray which was a right to left flash when it was charging.

Not only that, but at the bottom of the Redmote display it says in red letters "keys locked."

The display does show all the readouts, however.
 
Had not used my Redmote for quite some time. Now I remember why I set it aside. Had the charging problem just like you. I just now put it on my camera after upgrading my camera firmware to the latest version and the green icon on the Redmote flashes but isn't the same flash it used to portray which was a right to left flash when it was charging.

Not only that, but at the bottom of the Redmote display it says in red letters "keys locked."

The display does show all the readouts, however.

The power switch on the REDMOTE doubles as a key-lock switch if you slide it all the way up.
 
The power switch on the REDMOTE doubles as a key-lock switch if you slide it all the way up.

BINGO! Trent.

And the Redmote battery icon was still flashing after being on the camera for a few hours. But when I took it off, the icon showed full. Maybe nothing wrong there after all.
 
Back
Top