Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

REDMOTE battery is always dead...

Jay Silver

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Website
www.jaysilverdp.com
Does anyone else find that their REDMOTE battery is always dead after it sits for a while?
I shut the REDMOTE down using the power down sequence and it still draws power while off and is dead after a few days of not using the camera.
Maybe I should just use the camera everyday.
Anyone else notice this?
 
I always remove the battery from the camera when I'm not using it. There must be a draw as the battery % goes down when turned off.

John
 
Sorry, thought you were talking about the camera battery. Still waiting for my Mote.

John
 
Hey Jay. It does slow drain. Shut the Redmote down via the menu on it (vs by shutting the camera down with it attached). Then slide the side switch up to the lock position. Then put it away. We have found that this extends the battery significantly. We typically don't store the Redmote attached to the camera either.
 
My Epic drains a REDVOLT in about 2-3 days even if it's turned off. No LED I know of draw that much power. No idea what the camera is doing when it's off?!
 
Most camera batteries die off if not being used unless it states that it will hold a charge even if its not being used. So far I found that with the extended battery for me sony nex....one month later battery still has charge.
 
Jarred mentioned somewhere that "power management" has not been initiated in any release
build lately. So when it comes out I'm thinking we'll be in a much better place.
 
Redmote

Redmote

"I need a Redmote that takes AA batteries. A complete charge won't last a full working day, and that's not good. Maybe the plan is that we all have to buy a spare to be charging while the first one is being used."

Yes. I love my Redmote but this is its single biggest problem.
 
My redmote is having the same issue. Even when plugged into a USB it is finicky and disconnecting (might not be a battery issue) Regardless it is always flashing low battery. Does anyone think Red would replace the battery free of charge? I bought it second hand, its over a year old
 
Back
Top