Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Redmag 64GB SSD not formatting on R1MX

Joe Gill

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Age
56
Location
Orange County, CA, USA
Redmag 64GB will not complete formatting in camera, even after waiting several hours. It behaves fine in reader, and it can be formatted nearly instantly and can be copied to and read from without issue. Thoughts? Camera firmware is one behind current but am open to upgrading.
 
Redmag 64GB will not complete formatting in camera, even after waiting several hours. It behaves fine in reader, and it can be formatted nearly instantly and can be copied to and read from without issue. Thoughts? Camera firmware is one behind current but am open to upgrading.

Any other mags you can try formatting in camera? Do those format correctly? If not, you might have a bad SSD module or something might be damaged on it.
 
Thanks Steve - the other 64GB Redmag works and formats fine. I haven't heard of them having a limited failure like this before.
 
I literally had this problem with my 256gb mag the other week, I did the cardinal sin of taking it out while the screen was saying formatting. I turned the camera off and it worked. I assumed the camera was crashing rather than the mag not formatting and then freezing on the formatting page. Is the mag formatted?
 
IF that doesn't work format it through your computer then try formatting it in camera. Usually if you format through a PC when you mount it to the cam it will say media unrecognized/slow media and ask to reformat in camera.
 
Back
Top