Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

REDCINE-X

ooo cool :D

The interface looks much more intuitive than the current redcine face. I can't wait to try this out :) Is it planned for redcine X to be able to generate proxies, like red alert?
 
we talked some time ago about that RedCine-X will be able to load 3rd party plugins... what kind of plugins could that be?

Could it be changing the Skin? Adding a Secondary colorcorector layer? Adding windows for doing vignettes? Adding text overlays? Adding export options for the media / project-setting? Iphone streaming server?

/carl
 
your thinking in the right direction Carl....
 
We too would love to test the Alpha version.
We have a G5 collecting dust while the new 8-core
awaits the RED Rocket™. We enjoyed helping out as test pilots
with the camera color science tests and would love to be involved
in any way with testing the new REDCINE-X. We won't say
a word about it unless of course you ask! No complaining here
just enjoying the ride!
 
your thinking in the right direction Carl....

Well, if my fingers could program what I my brain thinks I would have a really cool grading tool. For every job I do, I think of new thing that could be nice to have. Like this:

Have a tool that can compress RedCode36 into something like RedCode10.
Then have an Iphone-app (running an Iphone SDK) were you can play the tiny super-compressed RAW-file AND adjust the settings to playaround with a look.
Then press a button that sends the metadata to the RedOne.

That would be fun :)

/carl
 
Since Red can do it all. and with ease:

Let Redcine - X ,with smooth editing capabilities FCP style, media management Avid style, conform tools Assimilate style, panel support, unlimited secondaries , some of Graeme effects and probably some that we have not heard of yet, text overlays (please do not forget the Hebrew support), compositing capabilities Nuke style, all in real time 4-5-6 K be the replacer of everything for free!?

The red gang surly can do it on their "spare" time.

What are the rules of the game Jim?

Is there a free pre-order for the ultimate solution?
 
Wow, REDCINE-X looks very promising.
I would love to see separate RGB curves on top of the contrast curve there is already.
Another thing I use often for still photography is the ability to correct lens distortion.
Is this already possible in this version?
 
My favorite part of the entire interface is the Rocket button. That's the sign to me that Deanan and team have worked their magic with the app and that it supports the RED Rocket™.

correct-o matic :)
 
Definitely a slick looking interface. And some nice sample footage, too. :thumbup: If more people shot color charts like that, there'd be a lot of very happy colorists.
 
:jacked:

And Apple wouldn't exist anymore if Microsoft's Office wasn't present on Mac.[/LEFT]

WRONG Itunes, iPod, iPhone is why Apple is forever.


Let's face it JC, we live in a world where MAC's and PC's and even the Redheaded Linux have to play together all the time.

A used MAC Mini is SUPER CHEAP and since REDCINE-X is FREE, I agree with other posters that a MAc is a worthwhile investment for you to support your PC workflow.

BACK ON TOPIC

Please forgive :conehead: question...

What is the difference between REDROCKETCINE-X and REDCINE-X, since the latter has a ROCKET BUTTON?

Just got our MAC PRO yesterday and still waiting on some gear... so havent had a chance to install RR and ROCKETCINE-X

Thanks
 
I'm curious, Jarred. Now that RED Alert supports real time and has batch abilities, what is the major difference between RocketCineX and Red Cine? I always thought Alert was a basic tool, but it's obviously gone beyond the basics with it's new feature set.

I realize that the bin structure is set up differently and Cine has some more controls, but at what point don't you just combine the features of these 2 apps?

Oh, and add the ability to read XML re-export back to FCP. :-)

Kevin
 
not everyone will buy a Rocket - so seems like RedCine-X will serve that population - as well as those with RR, since it does allow time-lining clips and will eventually support XML...

it's already been stated, several times, that RedCine-X will not have XML but will have hooks that will allow 3rd-party developers to add this functionality.
 
I assume he means realtime WITH RedRocket....
 
Back
Top