Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

REDCINE Scaling Issue?

Shawn Booth

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
1,747
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Honolulu. HI
Website
www.facebook.com
I feel like a dipshit on this one.

I import the .r3d files into RedCine and then export out to UC10bit, HD 1080. Everything works fine EXCEPT the final QTs are cropped. I'm only getting part of the original shot image.

As I understand it, 1920x1080 is a 16x9 format whereas 4k 2:1 isn't. I stayed up late trying various settings configs and frame sizes...

What am I doing wrong? Am I skipping a step somewhere? Have I provided enough info for you to help in solving?

Back to testing...
 
You don't need to do that.

Set your project to 4k 2:1.
In shot settings click all and then fit height. All clips will zoom in and crop the extra sides that makes it 2:1 (hopefully you've shot 2:1 with 16:9 frames guides...)
Then in output do 1920x1080.

Cheers

Jeff Brown
RED708
 
Back
Top