Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Redcine / Redalert Pro res renders - why so different?

Jeff Brown

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
477
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
London, UK
I'm exporting the same shot from both Red Alert and Redcine as 1080p Prores HQ. The Red Alert render is noticably better - sharper and brighter. The Redcine in contrast is darker and noiser with less detail.

I'm doing a straight export from both at default settings. Is there an explaination of the corresponding controls in both apps?

I prefer the Red Alert renders but want to batch render out of redcine. Ie. I want clean flat Prores files. Any help appreciated....

Jeff Brown
RED 708
 
What version RA are you on Jeff?
I'm having no luck getting any denoise, or debayer change by varying settings in v1.56, and no change with OLPF between off & low.
I understand that Redcine settings are supposed to be the same as "max" settings in RA, but can't get RA settings to "work" to confirm the outcome.
I'm hoping switching back to an earlier version might work.

Chris
 
can you break it down for me how you export pro res files out of red alert?

i was able to export proxies,dpx an tiffs?
 
I'm on 1.5.6 of Red Alert and Build 90 of Redcine.

I noticed that in red alert the color sliders are set to 1. In Redcine they are set to zero but if I side them all to 100 I get similar looking output. Is that the way I should be doing it and does the 1 in RA equal 100 in RC?

Cheers

Jeff Brown
RED708
 
Back
Top