Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Redcine produces a "blank" export

Philip Lima

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
305
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Age
41
Location
Santa Cruz CA USA
We are trying to exporting a prores hq video out of redcine and every time we export, we get a black video that is tiny (a 4k prores file is only 25mb for 14 seconds). RedCine has worked in the past, just for some reason, it started not exporting correctly. I have reopened, reinstalled and downgraded qt.

Anyone else having the same or a similar issue?

Thanks!
Philip
 
Hi Philip,
I've had afew strange exports too - blank, green, white noise etc.
I've been using Anders Redcine Reset each time I open a new it and I've had a lot less bother.
I've also found that as pointed out here, matching the display res to the output res and also scaling the window as small as it goes improves stability and export success.
And remember keep all other programs closed when rendering.

Good luck!


Jeff
#708
 
Jeff,
Thanks for the help! Using Redcine Reset fixed the issue! matching the display res and the output res definitely makes a difference in overall render times too, so thanks for the tip!

Philip
 
Back
Top