Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Redcine Impossible To Load

kinoskopik

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello, greetings to everybody from the Basque Country:

Although it´s our first time in this site we´ve been visiting it from the begining. It´s not our first time working with Red cameras and we never had any problems with the cameras nor with the RedCine, but this time we are unable to load RedCine. We followed Jarred´s instructions but solved nothing. As the RedCine folder didn´t appear in the Library I created it manualy. I also installed old versions of Redcine but they didn´t work either. Apart from that an extrange thing occurs: I can only open the application from the disc image.
I am exporting 4K 25fps and 2K 120fps footage to 1920 x 1080 Aja Kona 10 bit RGB.

I´m really scared and think I´m gonna be fired, there seems to be no way out of this:help: :help: :help: :help:

thank to the beautiful Red community!




Mac OSX 10.4.11
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Storage: 9Tb fibre chanel dual port (raid 6)
Aja Kona 3[/QUOTE]
 
Regarding your problems with Redcine, I'm afraid I can't help.

If you footage is 2:1. Then I'd like to suggest using REDline to debayer your clips and then using another program such as Color to finish off your footage.

Can you describe exactly what your workflow is?

IBloom
 
Hello Ibloom, thank you for being so quick:

My workflow is as follows: we shot 4K 25 fps and 2K 120 fps, later we did a triple backup, we put all the media into the 9 TB server and began to export it to 1080 Aja Kona 10 bit RGB. The totality of reels is 43 and we have been able to export 3 of them without problems. Later we intended to edit it without compressing it. As a last step, the color grading is going to be done in Color. We still don´t know if we will do it in 1080 or DPX files. The strange thing is that RedCine ceased to work before the 4th reel was done.
All the footages are 2:1.
We don´t understand what you mean when you say "using REDline to debayer your clips". What is REDline? And debayer? We don´t find it in the dictionary.

Thank you very much again.
 
Hello Comunity!!!
The first thing sorry me for my english level. The olders posts were wrotten with my video assist, who knows more than me about the Sakespeare lenguage.
Still I´m trying to load RedCine but I can´t. Does anybody know what do I have to do? I have reseted the pre ram memory and it doesn´t work. I have taken my macbook pro, turn on via firewire conected to my mac pro and tried start the Redcine app from the laptop. I´m thinking about format all computer. It could be a disaster and dangerous for my helath.......

Thankyou to all the people.
 
Back
Top