Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

REDCINE freezes in Macpro

Miguel "Macgregor" De Olaso

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Los Angeles
This is so weird.

I have exported hours of footage in my macpro and i never found any problems.

But since last weeks, exporting has become impossible. Mostly 2K footage makes Redcine freeze after seconds. And this happens in my macpro, and also some macpros of other clients.

I´ve tried everythinig, importing just one shot, deleting everything and installing old versions of REDCINE, i even changed the graphic card, change paths, try different footage from different cameras. But nothing.

Now, on the same machine, using bootcamp, REDCINE works perfectly with the same footage. No crashes, no problems, fast and reliable.
BUt in XP we don´t have prores, which seems the only option to edit realtime with some effects on FCP right now.

ANy idea guys?
 
...same here.

I am forced to identify each shot's size and make separate RC project for 4K and 2K files...

...also, QT Tiff export will crash every time with 2K files.
 
OK, i just bought a brand NEW MAC PRO 2.8.
I did nothing but install REDCINE and download the old dragster r3ds from Jim. Quicktime is 7.3. Nothing else was done in the machine.

REDCINE crashed after 17 seconds of rendering. RED TEAM, what is going on here?
 
I have occasionally gotten this problem as well lately. I push GO! and about 20+ frames in it freezes. I will EXIT RC and relaunch, sometimes I have to use Anders' reset tool - but usually none of this works so I restart the computer and then Anders' reset tool. Open the RC file and it works.

So I guess try: RESTART, RESET, OPEN file and then GO!
 
There are a few things you can do to get around this if it happens to you. First step is to delete the Redcine folder from the Library and reinstall, then start a new project and import the shot you are having issues getting out. Make sure you set your delivery resolution in the PROJECT window, frame your shots in the SHOT room, then make sure the OUTPUT room has the same output resolution as you set in the PROJECT room. Also, as stated above, keep like resolutions in the timeline, 4K in one project, 3K in another and 2K in another. The issue seems to only happen with QT outputs from RC, we are working on a fix.

Kevin
 
Good to know I'm not the only one ;) Has anyone found a reliable fix or a decent workaround for this? All my details are in the thread linked below. Shawn, I'm going to try what worked for you again but it hasn't so far...

Kevin, I've worked through trying all your suggestions...any others?

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13920
 
I deleted Redcine folder from the library & reinstalled and the same issue happens. Setting lower delivery resolution in the "Project" window crops the shot. Am I missing something?
3.0, Nvidia 8800
 
There are a few things you can do to get around this if it happens to you. First step is to delete the Redcine folder from the Library and reinstall, then start a new project and import the shot you are having issues getting out. Make sure you set your delivery resolution in the PROJECT window, frame your shots in the SHOT room, then make sure the OUTPUT room has the same output resolution as you set in the PROJECT room. Also, as stated above, keep like resolutions in the timeline, 4K in one project, 3K in another and 2K in another. The issue seems to only happen with QT outputs from RC, we are working on a fix.

Kevin

Well said Kevin.
 
Back
Top