Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Redcine Better Than Scrath

Luca Nervegna

Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
46
Location
italy
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello to all..
we done a lot of comparated test between red one, 35 mm vision3, panasonic 3000 and others, to understand the real exposure range of theese cameras..

our method:
we found the good exposition for this cartel:
l_4aab4bd71ed2ee010f5d08c7744e3957.jpg

and than we opened and closed the stop scale of -5 and +6 stops stop by stop (helped with ND in the low exposures)
to understand, in post, how to come back to the 0 point (good exposition)

for the red one we tried to correct it with SCRATCH in a professional studio and with REDCINE on my MacBookPro..

corrected with REDCINE at +4 the grey scale is readable from point 5
corrected with SCRATCH at +4 the grey scale is readable from point 8

anyone knows why?
maybe because the laboratory doesn't know how to use SCRATCH properly
or SCRATCH needs particular settings?
for example SCRATCH doesn't have gammas like REDCINE

hope you understand, i have a very bad english.. i'm learning :)

soon i'll post all tests done
 
I'm curious as to what's gone wrong here. I would eat my hat (well.. I don't own a hat, but I would if I did) if Scratch was losing latitude in any way, so I'm guessing there must be something in the process at fault here (or the way you are reading the results ?).

Cheers,
Seth.
 
for that reason i asked it..
i'm afraid the laboratory made mistakes with SCRATCH..
are there a lot of differences between scratch and SCRATCH CINE?

maybe we used scratch normal.. could be that the reasone?

thank you
 
Back
Top