Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RedCine almost realtime to SD

I agree that RedCine should default to the the appropriate setting to give the best performance while rendering, or just turn off the display, but until then I would recommend pairing up the show mode on "High" with the process setting you are rendering with.

Process: .................... Show:
Full (4K)----------------> Full res.High
Standard (2K)---------->1/2 res.High
Draft (1K)--------------->1/4 res. High

Sticking with these settings speed up rendering time with all resolutions and codes I tested.
I just found this thread today, but that's hugely important information. Thanks so much for sharing your findings (and taking the time to make a video). I agree, and I hope RED is reading... these things have a significant impact on post workflow efficiency - imagine the time savings to be had on a feature's worth of clips, just because of the click of one button!
 
I agree that RedCine should default to the the appropriate setting to give the best performance while rendering, or just turn off the display, but until then I would recommend pairing up the show mode on "High" with the process setting you are rendering with.

Process: .................... Show:
Full (4K)----------------> Full res.High
Standard (2K)---------->1/2 res.High
Draft (1K)--------------->1/4 res. High

Sticking with these settings speed up rendering time with all resolutions and codes I tested.

Interesting, but what if you have 4k and 2k footage in 1080p project that you are outputting to 1080p. Right now, render times are abusive.
 
Thanks for the info, this is very helpfull. and the camtasia clip was very usefull as well
 
Back
Top