Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RedBrick not showing percentage

michael ho

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles
Hi all,

When I am using RedBrick via quickplate module and adaptor plate on the Epic it doesn't show up on the touch lcd screen for the percentage/voltage of battery power... It did before but now it's not showing.. Tried on both batteries same thing. Both RedBricks were charged with RED dual charger.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Mike
 
Is your quick plate the cable type that plugs into the RED brain's LEMO? If so - check that the two tiny data pins are not bent or otherwise damaged inside the brain. Mine completely broke off and the pin is still stuck inside the 1B-to-2B RED adaptor cable's LEMO...
If your quick-plate is the one that does not use cable and provides power directly to the brain via the MODULE ADAPTOR - make sure the connectors between the quick plate and the MA, as well as between the MA and the brain, are clean and not damaged / bent. Look really closely as those pins are tiny...

Second place I would look are the actual pins on the V-lock plate itself. Push down the plastic covering the pins and make sure they are all well and clean.

Other then that it could be a loose connection somewhere in the power path (could be inside the V-lock, or the cable itself, etc...).

:sifone: Peter
 
You may have to call your bomb rep for this one. It's very odd considering nothing looks damaged.
 
Thanks everyone I tried it again this morning and it's working again!!
 
Last edited:
Me too!

Me too!

Coincidence.
I was just about to post the same problem.
Ever since I have had my Epic, with Red battery belt pack and GlobalMediaPro batteries, the "Time Remaining" display has worked fine...

Until about 2 weeks ago!

Now it just shows the voltage.

Nothing seems wrong with the connectors.

Firmware is 5.2.41

Red-Epic-battery-display-_MG_4253.jpg
 
Last edited:
Same problem for me. I remember the LCD used to show the percentage remaining, now it just shows the voltage...even if "Current Batt %" is selected in the "Modes" menu. The problem is, when the battery gets low, the camera now shuts off without any warning.

What to do?
 
I just checked my battery plate with a voltmeter and noticed that one of the small Lemo pins has no continuity through to the battery plate. It's pin 3 "Serial battery bus clock" according to the DSMC Operation Guide.

Pin 6 "Serial battery bus data" does have continuity, as do the four power pins.

Is this the cause of my problem? Can someone else please check their battery plate at report back?
 

Attachments

  • Epic power.jpg
    Epic power.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 0
I double checked my battery plate and I have continuity from all plate pins through to the Lemo connector. Specifically the small pins on the Lemo connector which are the serial data pins. So battery % should be working, but isn't.
 
Hi Guys! im experiencing the same problem with my Red Epic Dragon.

Any news on how to fix this?
 
Back
Top