Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red Scarlet X - No image from sensor, firmware upgrade / calibration issues

Joined
Aug 5, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dublin,Ireland
I am not sure if I fried my red today. I haven't been using it in awhile and was working of mains power supply. I shut it down incorrectly and then restarted. When I did the image from the sensor was white noise. I shut down correctly but the sensor image did not return. I thought perhaps it was black balance issue and tried calibrate. Left it running for over an hour, figured it was taking way too long so I tried a firmware update. When I restarted the while noise was gone and the image from the sensor was showing just black. The firmware killed my side handle so I downgraded to an earlier version. Got the handle back but still no picture. I have tried switching lenses and another black balance but it always seems to just run continously, upwards of an hour. Any idea's ? Is my red a paper weight? I really hope not. i was enjoying shooting so much right before the issue.
Apologies in advance for the rambling post. I really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks as always

Adam
 
I am not sure if I fried my red today. I haven't been using it in awhile and was working of mains power supply. I shut it down incorrectly and then restarted. When I did the image from the sensor was white noise. I shut down correctly but the sensor image did not return. I thought perhaps it was black balance issue and tried calibrate. Left it running for over an hour, figured it was taking way too long so I tried a firmware update. When I restarted the while noise was gone and the image from the sensor was showing just black. The firmware killed my side handle so I downgraded to an earlier version. Got the handle back but still no picture. I have tried switching lenses and another black balance but it always seems to just run continously, upwards of an hour. Any idea's ? Is my red a paper weight? I really hope not. i was enjoying shooting so much right before the issue.
Apologies in advance for the rambling post. I really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks as always

Adam
Hey Adam,
Sounds like your ISP might be bad if you want to send it in to me to verify and repair let me know. shoot me an email contact@cgpent.com
 
Back
Top