Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red Scarlet MX EVF/LCD Port REPAIR

Chris Ryan

Active member
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I think the AC adapter fried the EVF/LCD Port on my Scarlet. And because the side keys were locked, I couldn't adjust the setting. Tried a Hard Reset, and side buttons still don't work.

Does anyone know where I can take the camera to be fixed? I know RED discontinued support, but I imagine someone out there offers some sort of service.

Thanks in advance.
 
Just wanted to say thanks Joshua for being out there.

I hope I never have to use your services ;)
 
The EVF/LCD port on DSMC1 is on the removable SSD module. Might wanna meet up with a local Reduser first and try their (working) SSD module on your camera. At the very least that'd let you remove the button lock, so you can use a side handle to control the camera with an off board monitor.

That said, hard reseting (holding down the power button for 4~7seconds or whatever it is), should've restored defaults (aka gotten rid of button lock), so that seems non-beuno.
 
Back
Top