Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red One Short Circuit

Dont attempt to power it again.
If it sparks on batteries don't expect less sparks when you plug it into the mains!
Where were the sparks, at the connector or inside the camera?
When you get the camera checked also get your cable and power supplies checked.

Mike Brennan
 
Just to try to help as best I can here, i wanted to let you guys know that he bought my RED ONE MX. I've stated many times that the camera left my care in full working condition and that this issue with the sparking i had never experienced in my time using it. I have been working with him as best I can and i've spoke to numerous people over the past few days which includes a tech at daufenbach camera here in chicago, the previous owner of the red body, and offhollywood in new york today on the phone. The tech said he is almost positive this issue is coming from the lemo pins on the quickplate and said to me that Zayn should try to power using the AC cable. Also, I have a voicemail saved on my phone from off hollywood saying that if it is indeed the lemo port is shorted out that it can be replaced for $600 in which Zayn told me he is willing to pay $500 for repairs and i told him i would front the extra $100 dollars. I've been posting here for some time now and i am trying to help Zayn as best I can here as this issue honestly was not committed by me. One thing Zayn that i forgot to mention in my last message to you on ebay is that the tech at daufenbach said RECODE files carry the serial number and metadata information from the camera used and i might still have footage on one of the red cf cards i gave you (the 16gb) and possibly the red drive so try looking at those cards for material. I'm here as the seller trying to assist as best i can.

The question i have for you REDUSERs now that this platform is open is, how could this issue have happened to the camera or plate between when it was shipped and when he got it? Is it possible for a lemo cable to be inserted incorrectly or for shipping to have knocked a pin out of wack?

Thanks
 
Back
Top