Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED ONE MX Camera Support

SWETA RAI

New member
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I am looking to buy Tripods (standard, baby, Hi Hat) for Red MX One camera. What are the specs that I should look for and any vendor suggestions in the US who sell used tripods?

Thanks,
Sweta
 
Depends really on how you build your camera out. I have two that I use. One rated for 30lbs and another for 50. I would figure out what weight you are going to build it out at and find the right fluid head and then go from there. I have several older O'Connor heads that serve me well and were very ecomical. But I prefer to move fast and shoot light. Others like to attach every device possible to their camera and may laugh at my chinch set up. Of course, the bigger your rig the more expensive your stability.
 
I used cheap Satchler legs with Bogen 3061/316 head. Cant afford a pricey Satchler head yet... Mitchell base Oconnor are the sturdiest, but a pain to level without a ball head. The old wooden legs are pretty great too. Tis a pity I gave them away.
 
Back
Top