Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED One MX Birger EF mount back focus issue?

Stian Svendsen

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Norway
Hey guys.
I have a RED One MX and it's equipped with the Birger EF mount.
Anyone have a link to a tutorial for back focus adjustment?
 
Last edited:
There used to be a video published online by Birger years ago. Surely it exists in the ether somewhere. Sadly though, adjusting back focus is an absolute bitch with these things and seems to work with some lenses and ignores others. A week later you're back to the drawing board. And be careful with the wires. They are easy to crimp.
 
Thanks!
I have only seen that video being mentioned around the web, even found it embedded somewhere but it's not working now.
 
Last edited:
I can't remember if that video was streamed or a download. Let me look for it on some older drives. It's helpful and pretty much mandatory. If not and if Birger is still open for business, try giving them a call.
 
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
I sent an email to Birger earlier today, I'll post about if they reply.
 
Hey Stian

I had one years ago. If I remember correctly there is an adjustment in the form of a disk like spacer that you can turn to expand or contract. If you remove the mount to investigate I bet the adjustment becomes clear. It will probably take a lot of trial and error to get it perfect though.

Hope that helps.

Btw. I would just call birger. I called them a few times for support way back when and he was always extremely helpful.
 
I would contact Red and ask what's the cost to convert it to the original back focusing setup before I spend money on mounts that may not work. The camera is worth it now and in the long run.
 
I figured it all out, it's real simple actually.
Back focus is adjusted by a "wheel" hidden by part of the Birger mount.
I only have shitty EOS zoom lenses so fine tuning back focus is a total hassle.
I ordered a Nikon adapter to use my Nikon primes to get the adjustment where it needs to be.

The Birger mount is actually really nice, if only I were using Canon lenses.
 
Birger mount

Birger mount

Hi Stian
I am trying so hard to find a birger Mount as I have a few manual canon mount lenses.
Would you be willing to sell yours?
 
Hi everyone. I’m trying to get an ef Mount for my red one. Does anyone have one for sale or point me in the right direction
 
I missed a sale by one of the members because i'm not notified by email on any posts.
I am really trying hard to find a Birger EF mount for my Red one Mx....if anyone can really help me locate one of these I would be most grateful.
You can also email me at pjsagnia@yahoo.com
 
Back
Top