Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red One functioning monitor list

Ok finally got to my camera after a plane trip and just installed Nikon mount. I am happy to say the Ruige 4.8" monitor works perfectly, as well as my friend's Small HD DP6 with 2.1 firmware. On the Small HD we lost the signal but just reset the input menu to HDMI and it came up with full menus and histograms.
 
My Marshall also outputs pink, I think it is because of my cheap BNC cable!
 
So would the IKAN VX7i be a good monitor for the RED ONE? Will I be able to see all the menu's with this monitor? Anyone with info on this?
 
Can anyone tell me if they tried the Marshall V-LCD50-HDMI 5" Portable Monitor successfully with the RED ONE and got full menus, no cropped image, in other words the exact same perks as in the RED 5.6" LCD?
http://www.marshallmonitors.com/products/monitors/V-LCD50-HDI/index.html

If not can someone advise an hdmi or hd-sdi monitor that works perfectly and is around 500$?
 
So would the IKAN VX7i be a good monitor for the RED ONE? Will I be able to see all the menu's with this monitor? Anyone with info on this?

I just spent the last two days shooting with my VK7 and found it to good for framing, focus and exposure. Camera menus worked great but the monitors functions didn't. Not reliable for color or IQ. The process with this monitor is a little more like film - you nail your exposure, focus, framing and use your best judgement on the rest.

I bought this monitor for use on my Canon DSLR so I wasn't really surprised it fell a little short on the R1. I understand the vx7i is a more expensive model and it may have better color representation and IQ. Hope this helps.
 
I would suggest anyone looking for a primary monitor to NOT use an HDMI connection. As a second monitor out it's acceptable, but it will flicker and can be broken easily. The HDSDI is the way to go. If it costs slightly more than an HDMI just figure it will save you from the very real possibility of not being able to see your image and losing a shoot day:-)
 
Has anyone tried the Lilliput 665GL? They do a HDSDI version for £310 + VAT.

As a monitor in general I've heard ok things. Not great, but very useable. Focus, zebras, etc..
 
Are the Marshall monitors working perfectly? I mean, do we get full menus and no croped image? I was thinking of getting one for starters.
 
Has anyone tried the Lilliput 665GL? They do a HDSDI version for £310 + VAT.

As a monitor in general I've heard ok things. Not great, but very useable. Focus, zebras, etc..

Hiya Leo!

I thought that monitor had problems with the red one because it cropped the screen output? No use for framing etc but then I didn't think it had focus peaking either so maybe I'm thinking of one with a similar model number? I'd be careful tho as I lot of the Lilliput models are known to have problems.

I have thought about getting a Lilliput and if I go down that route I'd get the 5d II O/P mentioned earlier in this thread as it is known to work with the menus etc without major issues but watch out for similar named models as I think only the "P" model has focus peaking. No idea if there is a HD-SDI option tho. You might have to put up with a right angle HDMI adaptor.

Freya
 
Hiya Leo!

I thought that monitor had problems with the red one because it cropped the screen output? No use for framing etc but then I didn't think it had focus peaking either so maybe I'm thinking of one with a similar model number? I'd be careful tho as I lot of the Lilliput models are known to have problems.

I have thought about getting a Lilliput and if I go down that router I'd get the 5d II O/P mentioned earlier in this thread as it is known to work with the menus etc without major issues but watch out for similar named models as I think only the "P" model has focus peaking. No idea if there is a HD-SDI option tho. You might have to put up with a right angle HDMI adaptor.

Freya

I actually got a mint condition SmallHD DP4 in the end, so I'm thrilled. Will work with the 7D as well. When I saw the deal I had to get it. It's the one I waned as its a monitor and EVF which for me is useful. It's supposed to be great with the R1
 
Does anyone here have any good experience with Marshall monitors on the Red One?
 
I ordered a Camax and it crops the picture. Will try a smallhd DP1x next...

Sorry to hear that, the Camax had good specs. I was thinking about trying it out. Thanks for taking one for the team, I'll post your findings. I may try out the Seetec EVF. It's an HDMI attachment and the company said I could return it if it failed to work with the R1.
 
My Marshall Outputs pink when switch to Menu(Dvi) , but when on Video(720p) it if fine!
 
Back
Top