Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED ONE Cradle Shortage Help

Lilton Stewart III

New member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello All,

Im having an issue with my Red One V-Mount Cradle Mount. I think there is a shortage somewhere in it. Most of the time, it doesn't recognize the battery when attached. Ive tried mine as well as rentals from a local film house here. If I mess with it for a while it will start to boot but then cut back off if I move it a certain way. Makes me believe there's a shortage in the cable or something, but Im no electrician. The camera will only boot up if Im using the AC plug. I want to sell the Red One, but I want to get this issue fixed first. Is there a fix to this or do I have to buy another cradle?

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.
 
If it was a short, you would smell the wires burning. It would seem that the pins are not making proper contact.

Carefully examine the pins on the battery plate (gently press down on the shield to expose the pins) to see if they are still wide enough to make proper contact with the sockets in the battery.
 
Back
Top