Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red One - Bricks and V-Mounts???

Joe Medlock

Active member
Joined
Jun 13, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol, UK
Hi guys, so I just ordered a RED ONE MX.

It comes with 4 Red Bricks but no charger. My question is, can I use any V-lock/V-Mount charger with the Red Bricks.

I know this might be an obvious question, but thought I would confirm before hunting for a charger online.

Thanks for your help,
Joe
 
Most battery manufacturers will recommend their own chargers. Obviously this may be just to sell you extra gear, but each manufacturer will know their own batteries & internal circuits better than anyone, so for peace of mind (given the overheating and potential fire risk of Lithium battery chemistry), I would tend to buy the same brand of chargers as the batteries. Note if you buy Red chargers, you will need at least two of them to be able to charge fast enough to keep up with Red brick discharge for a long shoot day. It's a good idea to have at least two anyway, as you never want to be on a remote location shoot where your only charger dies.

Having said that, there are a few chargers where people have said they've been OK charging Red bricks, but I don't know any off hand myself.

I'm pretty sure the original Red bricks & dual chargers are rebadged Blueshape ones, so I would guess that the newer current Blueshape chargers may be OK too.
 
Back
Top