Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red One and Final Cut

anabel

New member
Joined
Jul 22, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a MacBook Pro to work on and a RAID of 2T. On my next project, this Macbook is going to be used to transfer files from the CF to the RAID but they also wan´t me to do a pre-editing with Final Cut. If I work with the reference QT, how do I give them later the best quality for finish? The project is a 2 hour movie so the space I will need is huge! Could someone tell me if this is posible and how? Do I have to go through RedCine? How do I export the files I will later work with in the real editing?

I hope someone can help..
thank you
 
There is a lot of information on the Red > FCP workflow here on the boards. I can refer you to one of my previous posts my experience with the Red post process:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showpost.php?p=256292&postcount=6

The basic info is that proxies don't do a proper debayer, so they are considered lower quality for offline work.

Once the offline edit from proxy qt's is complete, an online conform needs to happen, where the edit is re-assembled from the actual .r3d files in software that can render them to a 'viewable' format like dpx or quicktime.

Currently only Scratch is able to do this, but a 3rd party tool called Crimson allows an FCP to RedCine process that is kind of similar.

If you need more information on doing online conforms and finishing in Scratch, please send me a private message.


regards,

jt
 
Back
Top