Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED OLPF Port Bushing

Kamilla Lusa

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey guys,

RED OLPF Port Bushing... how do I know if my Scarlet has it installed? It arrived few days ago. I don't see anything shiny inside when I remove the cap...

Thanks!
 
It arrived few days ago.

I think, then is it installed:


For new cameras, we will be addressing the issue with a permanent solution that is an integrated part of the manufacturing process (ie, not user installable).
 
Can you take a photo of that, I too am wondering the same thing.

Here you go...:

FlareGuard.jpg


The tell-tell sign is the bent metal in the corner holding the bushing in its place (inside the green circle)

Hope this helps

Peter
 
my camera shipped without one, they told me it was a seperate part and they would put me in the queue for one. i was hoping it would come pre installed.
 
Take a black sharpie and black it out. It's better than that paint.

You are most welcome. Now I only hope that the grey body metal (between the flare guard and the sensor right behind the OLPF) will not cause any problems...
 
New cameras are getting the OLPF fix, but the transition was very recent and depending on when your camera was allocated, may or may not have it. If you don't have it, email OLPF@RED.COM with your shipping info, camera serial number, etc.. They will put you in the queue. That black sharpie is a bad idea.
 
Just confirming I have the round bent corner as shown above. However my "guard" appears to be not matte black but of the similar material as the OPLF .

Update arhhh...... this is the reflection of the sensor onto the guard . So it appears I do have it. camera no 1010
 
They probably will Meryem, but who knows when that upgrade will happen... I'm guessing at the point when they're done with all the Stage3/3.5 cameras coming in so they don't have to juggle another thousand or two people sending in cameras until they're ready.

RED will mail you the port bushings (and instructions) for free and it's really simple to put in, you do have to be careful around the sensor/OLPF though. I'd be happy to help if you want. :)
 
Excuse my ingnorance, but what is olpf bushing? I assume olpf stands for: Optica Low Pass Filter, but what is the busshing? What is it for? When was it adressed?

Thanks very much.
 
Just checked my #0793 scarlet and the OLPF bushing is flat black.
 
Excuse my ingnorance, but what is olpf bushing? I assume olpf stands for: Optica Low Pass Filter, but what is the busshing? What is it for? When was it adressed?

Thanks very much.

The interior sides of the mount chamber in front of the OLPF has shiny metallic finish that causes flare that many have found disturbing. RED has heard the customers and released the "Flare Gard". If you look inside your camera's mount chamber and it looks like in the picture I have posted (the flare guard is the matte black sides marked by the green lines and held in place with the bent black metal) - you are already taken care of. If, however, these walls have still shiny metallic finish - please contact your bomb rep who will discuss with you the options (either having one temp shipped to you, or having one fixed at RED next time your camera "calls home")...

Peter
 
Back
Top