Dave Ketelhut
Member
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2014
- Messages
- 7
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hey Guys
I recently purchased the Helium 8k and have been loving it so far! The problem is, it only further exacerbates my lack of workflow and organization. I have over 60TB of footage shot on the Red Epic, but it all lives in folders on my server — the idea was to utilize these shots in future projects (AKA B-roll), but it’s hard to find and discover what I have.
I looked into MAM’s (Media Asset Management) software, but can’t seem to find any that fit my needs. Cantemo and CatDV are two I’ve been scouting. The issue is, most of the MAM’s look like they’re designed to store and catalog “finished” products, like final exports. I want to be able to search through all my RAW Red clips using metadata, tags, and other details. HOWEVER, none of these MAM’s support R3D 8K. In fact, none of them have solid support for any R3D files. This is very frustrating because it seems so obvious to support. It seems they have trouble combining all the files into one single clip to view.
I’ve looked into working with proxies, but there doesn’t seem to be a smooth workflow. I either have to relink a bunch of shots in Premiere, or only store proxies on the MAM when I want the Raws.
My goal is to be able to efficiently ingest our footage, catalog it and be able to locate it for future projects. Do you know of a program or programs that work best for this? We want to avoid having a bunch of different programs managing all of this. If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dave
I recently purchased the Helium 8k and have been loving it so far! The problem is, it only further exacerbates my lack of workflow and organization. I have over 60TB of footage shot on the Red Epic, but it all lives in folders on my server — the idea was to utilize these shots in future projects (AKA B-roll), but it’s hard to find and discover what I have.
I looked into MAM’s (Media Asset Management) software, but can’t seem to find any that fit my needs. Cantemo and CatDV are two I’ve been scouting. The issue is, most of the MAM’s look like they’re designed to store and catalog “finished” products, like final exports. I want to be able to search through all my RAW Red clips using metadata, tags, and other details. HOWEVER, none of these MAM’s support R3D 8K. In fact, none of them have solid support for any R3D files. This is very frustrating because it seems so obvious to support. It seems they have trouble combining all the files into one single clip to view.
I’ve looked into working with proxies, but there doesn’t seem to be a smooth workflow. I either have to relink a bunch of shots in Premiere, or only store proxies on the MAM when I want the Raws.
My goal is to be able to efficiently ingest our footage, catalog it and be able to locate it for future projects. Do you know of a program or programs that work best for this? We want to avoid having a bunch of different programs managing all of this. If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dave