Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Rattling V-lock Batteries

Liam Murphy

Active member
Joined
Jan 12, 2017
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
UK
Hi,

Does anyone else's third party batteries rattle around on the backplate? Any fixes other that duct tape?

I understand that I'll never get a perfect fit but its going to drive me insane!

Its a Red Scarlet X - Camtree Hunt Quickback - Hypercore 98

Cheers!
 
its most likely the cam tree quick back, almost everything they do is slightly imperfect.
 
Thanks Jordan!

What if I upgrade slightly to the Wooden Camera quick back with Hypercore 98?

Anyone have this set up?
 
Thanks Jordan!

What if I upgrade slightly to the Wooden Camera quick back with Hypercore 98?

Anyone have this set up?

I use the Wooden Camera Blueshape version and it's the tightest v-mount plate I've ever used. Strong materials for sure and I highly recommend it. First week or so of shooting you are going to want to make sure it's locked down all the way. It's a bit stiff at the beginning but then finds itself in a solid place shortly after.
 
I use the Wooden Camera Blueshape version and it's the tightest v-mount plate I've ever used. Strong materials for sure and I highly recommend it. First week or so of shooting you are going to want to make sure it's locked down all the way. It's a bit stiff at the beginning but then finds itself in a solid place shortly after.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice, I'll check out the RRP on one now...
 
If it's not too late, I would consider switching to a Gold Mount battery and battery plate solution. It'll be slightly more expensive than a comprobable V-Mount setup, but the Gold Mount is mechanically much stronger. You won't ever run into a rattling situation unless your battery plate isn't properly connected to the camera.
 
Thanks for the advice Marcus! But I've just purchased a second Hypercore, so I guess i'll be changing the plate to try and resolve the rattling
 
Back
Top