Mark Deeble
Well-known member
- Joined
- Aug 20, 2010
- Messages
- 188
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 16
- Location
- Kenya
- Website
- www.deeblestone.com
Just a heads up for those using their Dragons where RAM air cooling comes into effect - mounted on planes, helicopters, fast boats, high winds etc.
A couple of days ago I had my Dragon mounted on a C206 ( 90-100 knt slipstream) shooting aerials, and had more noise in the images than I'd experienced before. Yesterday we shot more in the same configuration and I paid more attention to the camera temps - both were down at 30-35 deg C ( external temp was 25-30 deg C ).
The cause was RAM air cooling - super-cooling if you like, over-riding the fan-setting.
Of course I'd calibrated at 65 deg C
Watch out for this one!
A couple of days ago I had my Dragon mounted on a C206 ( 90-100 knt slipstream) shooting aerials, and had more noise in the images than I'd experienced before. Yesterday we shot more in the same configuration and I paid more attention to the camera temps - both were down at 30-35 deg C ( external temp was 25-30 deg C ).
The cause was RAM air cooling - super-cooling if you like, over-riding the fan-setting.
Of course I'd calibrated at 65 deg C
Watch out for this one!