We're going to have a bunch of RED footage coming in to our production company, but nobody around here knows much about it. We want to convert all of the footage so it can be ready to edit, and we're going to rent out a mac pro system to convert it.
The only problem is I'm not 100% sure on all the required parts and memory that we would need to run it. We tried running RedAlert! on our current system (which I understand is used to convert r3d footage, please let me know if I need something else) but it wouldn't open. I can only assume that it was because our system is not intel based, but I just want to be sure before I rent out the other system.
If anyone could please let me know what an ideal system would be just for basic converting, as far as ram, memory, etc. it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
The only problem is I'm not 100% sure on all the required parts and memory that we would need to run it. We tried running RedAlert! on our current system (which I understand is used to convert r3d footage, please let me know if I need something else) but it wouldn't open. I can only assume that it was because our system is not intel based, but I just want to be sure before I rent out the other system.
If anyone could please let me know what an ideal system would be just for basic converting, as far as ram, memory, etc. it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.