Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

powerup issue

Lee Kelly

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 17, 2012
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
Website
www.leekelly.tv
Just doing a gear check for a shoot tomorrow and my Dragon is playing up.

Doesnt matter which power source I use, its still doing the same thing.

I have my motion mount and side handle attached and can power either via mains power supply, side handle redvolt battery or via a v-lock.

When i try to turn the camera on, the fan runs for a sec and the light on the side turns orange before both lights on the side rapidly flash green and nothing happens.
There is nothing displayed on my touch screen and nothing displayed on my lcd on the side handle.

I have never seen this before and hoping its something that I can fix with some help from a reduser who may have experienced this before?

I will also post this in bugs section to see if someone from Red can answer me.
 
I worked it out.

What it was doing, behind the scenes was updating the hardware (motion mount) but it seems to do this without the touch screen coming on to tell you! I took the thing apart several times trying different things and then just left it 'on' while coming to see if anyone had replied and the touch screen had come on after a couple of minutes telling me the upgrade was complete and let me push ok on the screen, good to go!

Phew!
 
Back
Top