Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Plan B... Aborting Epic X

Elsie N

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
6,658
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I try to cover all possible contingencies and it has occurred to me that with Tattoo in progress and with RED knowing how many Epics to build for Stage 2, we may not be too far from seeing their release, probably in a rapid-fire flurry.

If that happens sooner rather than later, my financing model looks shaky and I may come up short. In that case I will either have to give up my reservation and retrieve my deposit, or sell my camera.

The Stage 2 Epic is just too good a deal for somebody to not take advantage of. So, if push comes to shove I will sell the Epic and the accompanying accessories reserved for camera number 1783 for $XX,XXX OBO.

This in not yet an offer to sell but if you want to be put on my list of people to contact should my worst nightmare occur, email me at 6am4am@gmail.com with your offer. Higher offers will be contacted first with right of first refusal and I will go down the list until a buyer is found.

If I am forced to sell, I hope the camera can be shipped directly to the new owner. Like a young mother giving up her new baby for adoption, it's best not to hold it.

(Come ohhhhnnn SNAKE EYES! Daddy needs a new camera!)


Edit: THERE IS A GOOD POSSIBILITY I'M KEEPIN' THE BABY!!!!
 
Last edited:
Don't give it up Elsie. :thumbdown:

Wait until the very last minute before doing anything that drastic.
 
Thanks for the support Peter. I am an optimist at heart... but I try to have a plan based on realism in case all else fails.
 
1783...you have a few months i would imagine...hang in there.
 
Thanks Dino (I still say there's more than one 0031 :)
 
My (totally off-the-cuff) guess is that Stage II Epic-Xs won't be shipping until December. We'll see how accurate I turn out to be.

Stephen
 
Thanks Ketch,

Got your email and I like your plan. You sir, are a fixer! (and I mean that in a good way)
 
Thanks Ketch,

Got your email and I like your plan. You sir, are a fixer! (and I mean that in a good way)

My pleasure Elsie, anything I can do for a Fellow Reduser.


My (totally off-the-cuff) guess is that Stage II Epic-Xs won't be shipping until December. We'll see how accurate I turn out to be.

Stephen

I respectfully disagree with your accuracy, ha ha! At list I hope that I'm the one to be right, cause I really want my Epic-X for Summer...
 
My (totally off-the-cuff) guess is that Stage II Epic-Xs won't be shipping until December. We'll see how accurate I turn out to be.

Stephen


The summer solstice for the southern hemisphere is Dec 21, 2010. So Stephen, your statement could be correct (technically) :laugh:
 
See the edit in my Original Post! Yippee! (I hope)
 
Just find some one who is going to be force into stage 3 but want to move to stage two?

They can come up with funds for stage 2 and use the Epic for the time being, You pay for stage 3?

You can swap the camera at stage 3, everyone wins.

:)

M
 
Just find some one who is going to be force into stage 3 but want to move to stage two?

They can come up with funds for stage 2 and use the Epic for the time being, You pay for stage 3?

You can swap the camera at stage 3, everyone wins.

:)

M
Hey Michael, that's a good idea. Pretty sure I've got Plan A back on track now though. I should know in plenty of time before having to make a Stage 2 decision.
 
1783...you have a few months i would imagine...hang in there.

Hang in there Elsie!

I think it will be more than a few months before they even get out of Beta testing with Tattoo. I'm guessing Christmas or the new year before they start delivering Stage Two, so don't be giving in so soon!
 
My (totally off-the-cuff) guess is that Stage II Epic-Xs won't be shipping until December. We'll see how accurate I turn out to be.

Stephen

You're probably close. Maybe a month or two sooner...

I say they start in November.

M
 
Are you basing your ETA on his serial number?

Are you basing your ETA on his serial number?

You're probably close. Maybe a month or two sooner...

I say they start in November.

M

I hope you are basing your guess on his camera number, not the actual Epic start date.

I hope the Tatoo program end in the first of August.

Fingers crossed.

Michael
 
Back
Top