Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

oct 11th sensor upgrade red one mx on list

jim kozmik

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.kozmikunderwater.com
just read this on 4k. site oct 11th upgrade path fpr all the reds...plus mentioned red one mx..which I own.low ours..anybody no what this is about 5k..6k.. sensor cost..is it worth doing.thanks..jim kozmik csc iatse 667 dop
 
I do not believe the RED One is part of this upgrade.

Nobody knows for sure but this is what it looks like:

For DSMC2 Cameras:
CF Weapon --> Weapon Helium $9500
Mg Weapon --> Epic-W $9500
Scarlet-W --> Epic-W $10,000

For DSMC1 Cameras a discount will be provided for you to buy the camera depending on which brain you have and which sensor you have installed.

RedOne brains are not part of the upgrade.
 
Hi Folks,

Jarred did mention that there would be a path for all cameras announced on Oct. 11th, but he gave no details other than the following quote

"Not sure if you are talking about what Brent or I said, but When I say no RED OWNER left behind I was talking about the non DSMC2 family guys that missed the last upgrade cycle, the Scarlet MX, Epic MX, RED ONES, and Epic / Scarlet DSMC1 Dragons."

I'm quite sure it will not be a sensor swap in the old body. That body is nearly a decade old now. (I still have mine) and the electronics and buses would not be capable of keeping up with the new sensor. It would be like trying to put a current Xeon processor on a 286 motherboard.

Red has done a good job of taking care of people fairly, so my guess, and it's just a guess is that currently registered Red One owners will be provided a discount on new camera purchases. I'd also expect that discount to be far far lower that what would be offered for an Epic MX or what have you. Please recall that the whole point of this was to do something for the folks who placed a deposit on a Scarlet W ages ago, and have yet to receive their camera.

By shifting some of that demand to the new Helium sensor it was Jarred design to help get those folks into a RED camera sooner.

Given the response he may have just ended making the problem bigger by ramping up enough demand for helium that he'll have two sensors that can't be made fast enough :)

Hope not.

All will be made clear in a couple of weeks.
 
I wonder what the incentives will be for Scarlet MX people like me but an accessory credit would be nice :) I don't really need a new camera, this one makes great images for me
 
Huh, we still use our R1MX, but I've been planning on buying a C300MK2 soon. All the S-W delays really put me off, but if there's an upgrade path I might be interested.
 
I concentrate on making good movies than worry about nifty this and that. I am kitted for the next 100 years. I wish script and actors and directors will match the tech. I make one crappy movie per week still. Red 1MX great, support not so much. I dont even use red parts any more.
 
Back
Top