Jason George
Well-known member
Hi there- wondering if any other users have had success in using Nikon and Sigma (Nikon mount) stills lenses with remote focus - either with RT motion Latitude / hand controller or through something like Foolcontrol.
I have tried this a few times, and the best results were from Nikon primes, but they were still a little buggy- the focus would "chatter (as if searching for a focus point / motor would be racking back and forth) additionally, lenses would have to be re-seated a number of times before I could control the iris. The Sigmas would not work at all- and I would have to switch to Manual mode to alleviate the feeling that I was damaging the internal motor of the lens.
We did try Canon EF and had much better results with them. If there is any trick here that someone has discovered to helping the Nikon and Sigma lenses work dependably, please let me know.
There used to be the ability to create a custom lens profile within the camera's menu, but I can't seem to find any way to do that at this time.
It would be thrilling to make this work.......
Thanks!
I have tried this a few times, and the best results were from Nikon primes, but they were still a little buggy- the focus would "chatter (as if searching for a focus point / motor would be racking back and forth) additionally, lenses would have to be re-seated a number of times before I could control the iris. The Sigmas would not work at all- and I would have to switch to Manual mode to alleviate the feeling that I was damaging the internal motor of the lens.
We did try Canon EF and had much better results with them. If there is any trick here that someone has discovered to helping the Nikon and Sigma lenses work dependably, please let me know.
There used to be the ability to create a custom lens profile within the camera's menu, but I can't seem to find any way to do that at this time.
It would be thrilling to make this work.......
Thanks!