Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

New viewfinder to Red One MX - what are out there?

Pekka Varis

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi!

I broke my monitor yesterday on shootings, thankfully my dad picked my viewfinder and we continued. We got great stuff and it was a plenty of joy, in ther end it turned oput to be a motivating experience!! Customer of this commercial video found a hdmi screen and we used that until viewfinder arrived.

Anyway now I need a new monitor to my Red One MX kit.

What are my options? Can I get a bigger / better resolution now?

Pekka Varis
 
You should be able to use any on board SDI or HDMI input monitor. Keep in mind that the camera will still only send out a 720 signal in live view mode. Meanwhile you have the option to choose between 720 or 1080 for your playback resolution.

I would seek out a third party (non RED) 1080 replacement monitor with better contrast, and possibly a variety of onboard monitor controls and viewing options. This way the monitor can be used with other camera platforms as well. There are a variety of monitor options new and used on the web. Do a little research and see which one works best for you!

Hope this helps!

Marcus
 
Back
Top