Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

New to the RED world!!

Keith Dela Rosa

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2018
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cleveland, OH
So it's officially been a full week of having my RED Scarlet-W! I am extremely excited and it still feels unreal. Lol. I shoot music videos here in Cleveland and I'm really excited for this year! My previous camera (which I still use) is a Sony A7S2
 
I still remember when I first got my RED I spent all day shooting everything, exploring all the features, admiring the design, and then playing with the redcode raw footage on my computer pixelpeeping all night long.. It still amazes me even today! ��
 
Haha. Yeah, no turning back now! Never second guessed this decision either!

I'm definitely in a stage where I am literally shooting anything and everything and learning more about the RAW footage and what I can do with it. Lots of sleepless nights ahead haha.
 
Welcome. You picked an amazing camera and an amazing forum to be part of! :)

Best wishes,
Andreas
 
Thanks! I was indecisive at one point and couldn't decide between the Raven and the Scarlet.

Went with the Scarlet due to interchangeable lens mounts, bigger sensor and being able to switch out the OLPF although I only have the standard one right now. May look into getting the lowlight one since I shoot a lot of low-light scenes.
 
... Went with the Scarlet due to interchangeable lens mounts, bigger sensor and being able to switch out the OLPF although I only have the standard one right now. May look into getting the lowlight one since I shoot a lot of low-light scenes.

Welcome to the family! And that was a very wise descion. Absolutely worth the extra cash.

And I'd recommend getting all 3 of the major OLPF'S (plus look into the Kippertie creative OLPF'S).
 
Back
Top