Troy Smith
Well-known member
- Joined
- Nov 9, 2007
- Messages
- 379
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hi all,
I know this is a extremely dumb question, I come from shooting SD Ikegami camera, capturing into avid, editing, then coloring all right in avid, it's all very simple, no choices as far as gamma space, redlog etc etc.
My question is, in Redcine in format settings, there is two tabs at the bottom,
both have ability to chose different things like redlog, redspace etc, the first one has no title, the 2nd tab is gamma, does anyone have time to explain what these 2 tabs mean? Do they both effect the color and levels etc of my render? ETC ETC. Or is there somewhere I can read about and learn this stuff.
I only need a basic understanding so I can chose which best suits me for the below workflow.
My initial workflow that I'm doing is, shoot REDONE (Most likley with REDSPACE, then spit out tiff sequences from redcine with only slight corrections done, trying to keep as much range as possible, then import to avid, edit and color and finish in avid for a HD master.
I appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks
Stricko
I know this is a extremely dumb question, I come from shooting SD Ikegami camera, capturing into avid, editing, then coloring all right in avid, it's all very simple, no choices as far as gamma space, redlog etc etc.
My question is, in Redcine in format settings, there is two tabs at the bottom,
both have ability to chose different things like redlog, redspace etc, the first one has no title, the 2nd tab is gamma, does anyone have time to explain what these 2 tabs mean? Do they both effect the color and levels etc of my render? ETC ETC. Or is there somewhere I can read about and learn this stuff.
I only need a basic understanding so I can chose which best suits me for the below workflow.
My initial workflow that I'm doing is, shoot REDONE (Most likley with REDSPACE, then spit out tiff sequences from redcine with only slight corrections done, trying to keep as much range as possible, then import to avid, edit and color and finish in avid for a HD master.
I appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks
Stricko