Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

ND Suggestions for helium sensor

Willem_T

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I'm new to RED, but long time reader. About to order the RED Epic-w, very excited about that! What ND filter should I get? I have a 4x4 mattebox, but going to upgrade to 4x5.65 sized mattebox.
Are the IRND filters from Formatt Firecrest a good place to start? I've also seen people mention the NiSi filters, but couldn't really find a link where to order them.

What do you guys sugest? Thanks.
 
It's hard to say for sure until the new color science is released. Dragon sensor does not need IR protection and IR NDS the way that the MX did and hopefully (most likely) Helium will be an improvement in that regard over Dragon. Right now True NDs are the current benchmark for Dragon (for me at least), but they are very pricey. Given the amazing low light performance of Helium a Motion Mount is probably an excellent choice. You will rarely miss the light loss and the auto calibration it provides is amazing.
 
I'm very curious about the true ND. I have used Tiffen, Schneider, Prostop, and now Firecrest and have found the variability filter to filter to be pretty bad across all of them. Would love to have a nice clean set of ND.
 
Hey guys,

I'm new to RED, but long time reader. About to order the RED Epic-w, very excited about that! What ND filter should I get? I have a 4x4 mattebox, but going to upgrade to 4x5.65 sized mattebox.
Are the IRND filters from Formatt Firecrest a good place to start? I've also seen people mention the NiSi filters, but couldn't really find a link where to order them.

What do you guys sugest? Thanks.
Hi Willem, NiSi does not has a delear in Nerthlands yet, but you can contact Dedo weigert film from Germany or Cartoni from Italy to buy.

If you need any help you can send an email to me: sale3@nisidigital.com

Thanks
 
Back
Top