Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

ND Filter Kit for Epic-W

Ro Tierney

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
Just looking for advice on a good, versatile ND filter kit as I await delivery of my Epic-W. I'm looking to get a 3 filter 4x4 kit and thinking about this firecrest kit (which I assume is still regarded as the best ND for Red): https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...kit6_firecrest_100mm_4x4_nd_3_filter_2_4.html which is a 2, 3 and 4 stop kit.

Is 4 stops enough to shoot helium on a sunny day? Would stacking these filters be a no no?

If I were to buy filters individually (not a kit) what 3 filter values would you recommend?

Thanks in advance
 
Firecrest 4x5.65
If you could only have three I would choose:

0.6
1.2
1.8

Later you could purchase .3, .9 and 1.5
 
4x4 is probably not able to cover your entire frame at many focal lengths if youre shooting 8k..

does someone have more specifics on this? thanks!

I would have thought that would be dependent on the outer diameter of the lens. I don't currently use cine lenses but I probably should go for 4 x 5.6 to future proof this investment though so I take your point.
 
Back
Top