Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

My first week with RED 3971 (and my longest post to date)

You must have a company and be registered with Skat as an importer (which is no problem). The stuff is sent via FedEx and they will declare the stuff and let Skat know - and then they will sent you an invoice. The declarations are defined by the TARIC codes that are printed on the shipping notice from RED.

If you don't have a company then you will also have to pay 25% VAT (moms) on top of the import-tax.
 
Ok, but I am worried about the Taric codes.

It seems there are several codes that can be used for this equipment. Did the 16.000 dkr you paied come as a result of correct use of Taric codes?

Or could you have payed less if other codes had been used?

Is it really a gamble to import a Red?

Also, if one is planning for a future swap for the Epix-X or for the upgrade - how will "Skat" deal with this? Any thoughts?

/ Christian.
 
future swap for the Epix-X or for the upgrade - how will "Skat" deal with this? Any thoughts?
This should be pretty straight-forward. You would send the R1 to Red, declare it with a value as assigned by RED in due course. They send you a EpicX together with a commercial invoice for 10.500 USD. You pay VAT on that amount - and maybe some Custom duties on top of that.
 
Got it, thanks.

But, regarding the by Red default Taric codes on the invoice - are they accepted by Customs, or do we experience different treatments?

Thanks in advance
 
Just looked through the paperwork again... The camera body itself is sent with the "HS Code" 8525.80.5050 which isn't known by the TARIC system. 852580 (0%) is but the sub-code 5050 isn't. From what I can see Skat declared everything I received in the first shipment at around 16.000 dkk - but I have no way of knowing what parts were declared at what TARIC codes. Skat just sent me a reference number for the case and FedEx never sent me anything regarding the declaration. I'm assuming I could go through all of the paperwork and calculate my way through it, but life's just too damn short for something like that. Anyway - I'm pretty sure I have paid what I was supposed to.
 
Can't believe its already been a year. What a ride!

Again, thank you RED.

In that year both I and our camera have improved. Many good hours spent together. Not a single major issue (and the minor ones had little to do with the camera and lots with, err, me.) Good to see how I learned from the first test to my newest showreel.

Then came the amazing news that I could trade in the camera for the next generation camera. And not only at a 50% value — which I would have thought to be extremely generous already — but at a whopping 100%. A while later Jim tops that offer: not only full value trade in, but a whole lotta goodies thrown in for free. Wow.

Thanks for the ride so far, here's to many more mesmerizing frames.
 
can't wait to see your next post :001_rolleyes:
 
Back
Top