Tony McGuire
Member
- Joined
- Dec 30, 2012
- Messages
- 13
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXurp3v4xUM
Obviously Youtube compression becomes an issue but I've noticed that there are few MX videos by new owners that capture what is capable
with the MX. It's a fine camera for well lit and controlled shoots and very able to do high level work, do not pretend it is a DSLR and shoot using
low quality lighting and what is cheapest. Invest in high CRI lighting.
I'm always amazed more people aren't still using it, I am recoloring it using IPP2 as I noticed it has way less noise in the darks and softer
skin roll offs for the final release, (it's almost out of it's 1 year festival run and going up for sale.)
Give this camera proper lighting and it's good to go, we did another short film with it and the IPP2 pipeline easily gives you half a stop more
and beautiful skin tones that I've never seen before making this camera easily again, a pro level camera against the wealth of competitors
out there.
I'll post that up soon.
Obviously Youtube compression becomes an issue but I've noticed that there are few MX videos by new owners that capture what is capable
with the MX. It's a fine camera for well lit and controlled shoots and very able to do high level work, do not pretend it is a DSLR and shoot using
low quality lighting and what is cheapest. Invest in high CRI lighting.
I'm always amazed more people aren't still using it, I am recoloring it using IPP2 as I noticed it has way less noise in the darks and softer
skin roll offs for the final release, (it's almost out of it's 1 year festival run and going up for sale.)
Give this camera proper lighting and it's good to go, we did another short film with it and the IPP2 pipeline easily gives you half a stop more
and beautiful skin tones that I've never seen before making this camera easily again, a pro level camera against the wealth of competitors
out there.
I'll post that up soon.