Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Must delete REDCINE folder every time

zak forrest

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
1,161
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.zf-films.com
RedCine (the newest version) crashes upon launch every time unless I go into the library and delete the RedCine folder. Anyone else having this problem? I've already created a shortcut to get to that folder because I'm throwing it away so much.. I have a macbook pro with 10.4.11
 
Yes, ive experienced the same problem and reported it in the RC bug reporting thread. It only happens when you have unmounted a volume that RC was reading from (at least for me)
 
Use this little util to launch RedCine.

RedCine Reset v1

It will trash the redcine Library folder and launch redcine with just one click.

I use it on my laptop because redcine will launch much faster when it doesnt have to do the construct of the last project opn.

Just remember to save your project manually before quitting RedCine, otherwise you will loose it next time you use My util, but that may be a good thing to do anyways :-)

Edit: Mac only of course :-)
 
it has happened a few times .. i didn't know why - never happened with the last build ...now after reading EMERY post ( #2) that seems to be the cause ...
also on this RC build i cannot view a FULL 4k frame - i get solid blue image on monitor .. in the last RC version i could view a full frame 1-1 and advance it a frame at a time ....
 
Same but different

Same but different

I have had the same problem. Ill try the RedCine Reset thingy.
Also on another but same note. I have a MacBook Pro Core Duo and when I import a clip and start to play it. It will play for a few frames and then go to a blue preview screen and the file and time code info goes red. Any info on how to make this not happen would be great. Is there a way to set pref's on the RedCine. I feel there is a buffer that fills and then I cant see the perview clips.
 
We are aware of the problem and working on a fix! Sorry for the incovenience
 
Thank you man!

Use this little util to launch RedCine.

RedCine Reset v1

It will trash the redcine Library folder and launch redcine with just one click.

I use it on my laptop because redcine will launch much faster when it doesnt have to do the construct of the last project opn.

Just remember to save your project manually before quitting RedCine, otherwise you will loose it next time you use My util, but that may be a good thing to do anyways :-)

Edit: Mac only of course :-)
 
I have noticed that some of the clips I have imported work just fine until I import a few that cause the blue screen problem. I can repeat this process over and over. Use clips that are fine and they will play and render just fine as soon as I import a clip that causes the blue screen all the clips start to have this problem.?????
 
It's a bug that has been found and fixed Russ. New update soon!
 
Anders Holck!!!

THAT WAS COOL!!!
3 days of pulling out my hair
and you have a work around
thank you so much

Use this little util to launch RedCine.

RedCine Reset v1

It will trash the redcine Library folder and launch redcine with just one click.

I use it on my laptop because redcine will launch much faster when it doesnt have to do the construct of the last project opn.

Just remember to save your project manually before quitting RedCine, otherwise you will loose it next time you use My util, but that may be a good thing to do anyways :-)

Edit: Mac only of course :-)
 
Back
Top