Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Multiple RMD adjustments in for one clip in After Effects

Haridas Stewart

Active member
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
UK
I have a .r3d clip on my timeline in after effects that's cut up in to two parts. I want the first part to have a different white balance to the second part.Does anyone know a work around for this?I hoping in the future these rmd settings can be fully integrated into the interface so they can be automated and controlled for multiple r3d files.
 
Last edited:
You are absolutely right Brian, thanks.

After a week of trying different things there is no other way around this.

Dragging in the file again allows you to crossfade between iso/wb settings and have two parts of a clip cut up with totally different .rmd settings.

With so many cameras shooting raw I hope the standard interfaces of after effects and photoshop start integrating raw data into the standard adjustments. The .rmd window and adobe camera raw in photoshop force a two stage route that, although feels like a primary/secondary phase, also feels like a workaround.
 
You can do it in Resolve, but not AE. AE is not a color-correction program; it's visual effects/compositing software that can do very limited color correction. I can do very limited visual effects in Resolve, but it's fantastic for color. I believe you have to use specific software optimized to do one thing well.
 
Back
Top